TERM DATES FOR 2018
Term 1 Wed. 7 February – Friday 13 April (Easter break: Friday 30– 3 April)
Term 2 Monday 30th April – Friday 6rd July Term 3 Monday 23 July– Friday 28 September Term 4 Monday 15 Oct – Thursday 20 Dec
PROFESSIONAL LEARNING DAYS 2018
Professional Learning Days are reserved by the State Government for teachers to conduct moderation and undertake professional development. Students do not attend school on:
Friday 8th April
Monday 18th July
Friday 26 October
- Teaching staff on site 8.30am – 3.15pm.
- Students should arrive at school between 8.30am – 8.50am (there is no supervision for students before 8.30am).
- Lessons commence 8.55am.
- Recess Break 10.35 – 11.00am
- Lunch Break 1.00am – 1.40pm (1.00pm – 1.10pm for eating)
- Classes conclude 3.00pm.
- If students have not been collected by parents they are to come to the office at 3.15pmOFFICE HOURS Supervision is provided by school staff as follows:10.35am – 11.00am School Crossing 3.00pm – 3.15pm. Students are not to arrive before 8.30am. This is for the students’ protection and safety as there are no teachers on duty prior to 8.30am. No student will leave the school grounds during the day unless the student is signed out by their parent/carer at the school office.Students are encouraged to go home promptly at 3.00pm. Students are not detained or kept in afterhours so you should know the time your child would normally be expected to reach home.Punctuality is required as students arriving late in the morning miss their daily fitness program as well as the important introduction for their daily work program.ABSENCESWe require notification of any student absence from school. A phone call or message in advance, is preferable. While this is a courtesy which we appreciate, it is more as a safety precaution to ensure that your child has arrived at school for the day.ASSEMBLIES
- Whole school assemblies are held twice a term on Tuesday afternoon from 2pm. Assembly dates are published in the school newsletter. Our assemblies are a great opportunity for our school community to share in the learning experiences of our students.
- Student absences please phone the school office after 8.00am on 62341705 or email firstname.lastname@example.org before 9.30am.
- Students who arrive after 9.15am must be signed in at the school office. Students leaving school during the school day must be signed out by their parent/carer at the office.
- 1.00pm – 1.40pm
- Playground 8.30am – 8.55am,
- Normal office hours are from 8.00am – 4.00pm. The office is closed during Term school holidays.
BEFORE & AFTER SCHOOL CARE Uniting Scots Early Learning Centre Provide onsite before and after school supervision. The number to book a place for your child is Ph. 623442018 After School Care: Kindergarten – Grade 6 for children attending Mount Stuart Primary School.